This EdgeNext SCDN Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) sets forth the service availability metrics and compensation plan for the Security CDN (“SCDN”) provided to you by EdgeNext, and your purchase and use of the Service is governed by the EdgeNext International Website Product Terms of Service (“Product Terms”) between EdgeNext and you. This SLA applies only to your purchase and use of services provided directly by EdgeNext for a fee and does not apply to any free services or trial services provided by EdgeNext.
I. Business Description
1. Security CDN is a security acceleration product that protects web services such as Websites/APPs/APIs from threats such as web attacks, exploits, system intrusions, tampering, backdoors and DDoS attacks. By directing traffic to the edge nodes for threat detection and disposal to ensure the security and availability of the source site.
II. Definition of Services
1. The service period refers to each natural month included in the service term of your SCDN service purchase, and service availability is accounted for separately by natural month.
2. Total minutes of Service Period = Total days in Service Period * 24 (hours) * 60 (minutes)
Assuming a 30-day Service Period for the month, the total number of Service Period minutes is 30 (days) * 24 (hours) * 60 (minutes) = 43,200 minutes
3. Service unavailability refers mainly to the following situations.
Service requests cannot reach the service server due to the SCDN itself.
The business server returns 4xx and 5xx status codes due to the SCDN itself.
4. Service Downtime = Service unavailability resolution time – service unavailability start time.
Downtime is calculated minute-by-minute, with less than 60 seconds counted as one minute. If the time for business failure to return to normal is less than 1 minute (i.e. Service Downtime for a duration of no more than 1 minute), the unavailability minutes will not be counted.
III. Service Availability
1. Service Availability means whether the product services provided by EdgeNext are serviceable of the Service Period.
2. Service Availability calculation formula
Service Availability = [(Total minutes of Service Period – Service Downtime) / Total minutes of Service Period] * 100%
3. Service Level Commitment: The availability of SCDN services shall be no less than 99.5%. If SCDN fails to meet the Service Level Commitment, you may receive compensation following Clause iv of this Agreement.
Assuming a 30-day Service Period for the month, Service Availability time for the Service Period = 30 days × 24 hours × 60 minutes × 99.5% = 42984 minutes, i.e. allow 43200 – 42984 = 216 minutes of Service Unavailability.
4. Exclusion of liability
Please be aware that the Service is unavailable for the following reasons and that the corresponding period of unavailability is NOT part of the calculation of the service unavailability and is NOT covered by EdgeNext’s Service Level Commitment.
Unavailability of the Service due to:
4.1 business shutdowns caused by an offence in your business;
4.2 your non-payment or arrears;
4.3 system maintenance at the server room where you deploy Anti-DDoS services, including cutovers, repairs, upgrades and simulated service interruptions caused by failure drills;
4.4 a failure of your source site or a setting adjustment made by you;
4.5 commissioning as a result of configuring the policy as required if not configured correctly;
4.6 loss or leakage of data, passwords, passwords, etc. as a result of improper maintenance or confidentiality by you;
4.7 black holes in IPs as a result of traffic attacks exceeding the specifications of the DDoS high-security IP services purchased by us;
4.8 force majeure;
4.9 a severe fault generated by the network operator;
4.10 other unavailability not caused by EdgeNext, including but not limited to network, device failure or policy configuration adjustments outside of the EdgeNext-owned device.
iv. Compensation Programme
1. Credit Award
The Credit Award will be calculated according to the following table, based on the percentage of Service Availability for SCDN under your EdgeNext account, and is only available as vouchers for the purchase of SCDN products only, and the total amount of Credit Award shall not exceed 25% of the monthly service fee paid by the customer for that month.
99% ≤ Service availability < 99.5 %
10% MRC of Affected Service
Service availability < 99%
25% MRC of Affected Service
2. Time limit for Outage Report
You may submit the Outage Report after the fifth (5th) business day of each natural month for instances where the Service Level Commitment was not met in the previous month. Outage Report time is limited to two (2) months after the end of the month in which Anti-DDoS did not meet the Service Level Commitment. Outage Report made after the application time will not be accepted.
EdgeNext reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement as appropriate or necessary in light of changes, which you can review in the latest version of the Agreement on the EdgeNext Website. If you disagree with the changes made by EdgeNext to the Agreement, you have the right to stop using this EdgeNext Service, and if you continue to use this EdgeNext Service, you will be deemed to have accepted the modified Agreement.
North America Region
+1 (800) 260-5186
+44 (0) 20 3105 5587